Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Turning 30 in NYC doesn't count

Ok, I have been a naughty blogger and not posted all month. Guilty as charged. But it HAS been a productive month.
Spring break was unusually early this year (March 7-11) and the husband and I took the long trek to NYC for a few days. Ok, not THAT long, we flew non-stop. Matt may have thought the point of the trip was to hit all the comicbook shops in a 30 mile radius from our base-camp in Brooklyn, but the real point of the trip was for my birthday. That's right, I allegedly turned 30 while up there. I use the word allegedly since it happened in another state, north of the Mason-Dixon line, I don't know if it REALLY counts in Florida. Right?  So, I hear from my friends who have since crossed the line of 40 that, "30, big whoop" nonsense. But think about what you thought of 30 when you were say, 18... I don't think of myself that way yet. Maybe when I have gray hair and bunions I'll change my mind.

1/4 of the way through my Master's program this month too! Keeps me busy and I think, at times, that my laptop will fuse to my legs. Hoping that finishing and having an advanced degree will make me a more marketable teacher outside the state of FL, since our current government has decided that having such a degree does not make your a more effective teacher and you shouldn't get paid more for having one. So they are basically saying that there is no incentive for higher education in their eyes. Oh, yeah, and waving $ in our face will make us do our jobs better, because we aren't REALLY trying our best now. Should be an interesting few years while this all works its way through. I just hope I can pay my mortgage and car payment when they get through with us!

Alright, enough griping. My positive for today is due... I got home and in before the torrential rains began, and got to listen to the pleasant rumble of thunder from the comfort of my own couch. Matt was not so lucky- he's soaked. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment