Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Make It Happy

Over the past few weeks, I have had more than one person tell me I seemed sad. One was referring to my first post, and one was someone who might not even know what a blog is! To the first: I suppose my first post was a bit down... 2010 was rough. To the other, she caught me at a time when a large amount of stress in my life had finally been lifted, and I was a bit overwhelmed by the release of stress (zombie-effect totally).

So I made a decision- whatever griping, bitching, moaning I do write about, I have to make a positive point about my day in every blog. Find SOMETHING little that either made me smile or brightened my day when I post. The positive for today? I realized that my week off between classes for my master's degree falls during my trip to NY in March; so I won't have to do any work while I am out of town! YAY!

In other new... I guess the cleanout of my father's house (SOLD, DONE, HURRAH!) gave my husband some motivation to start on ours. We inherited A LOT of stuff from his parents (we bought their house from them), most of which is GARBAGE. Also, he is a keeper and collector of stuff. But this past weekend, he spent a large amount of time cleaning the garage out (only about 1/4 done) and we took about 8 bags of trash to the road tonight, a desk, a bookcase, and about 300lbs of cardboard. Yay him! Hoping it keeps up so we can get the house renovations back on track and MAYBE have a place for a baby in a year or so.

Until next time- there is no snow in FL at this time, and I wore no coat today!

No comments:

Post a Comment