Wednesday, January 19, 2011

To begin with...

It is January, 2011. Last summer I said I would start a blog to document how things in my life are progressing. 5 months later, I am finally getting around to it. So let's sum up what the 5 months would have contained before getting to the current. 2010 was a shitty year. I lost my mom to cancer in March (she was 59), my husband had surgery for kidney cancer in March, my father moved to KS after losing my mom in April... hmmm yeah, 2010 had not much to offer to me early on.
So then I go to Illinois to visit my best friend, who was pregnant with her first child at the time, and decide that, it is time to put the baby plans on the calendar for me, and wouldn't it be interesting to blog about life leading up to it. Well, No, I am not pregnant, and am not currently trying... but it is on the calendar.
So who am I? A teacher, heading on 30 (ewwww), married for 4 1/2 years, stuck in a state I don't particularly like because there is no way on Earth we could sell our house. No kids (yet), 2 cats (crazy), and ambition to make a somewhat interesting entry regularly. Maybe about life, maybe about the oddities of FL, maybe just a rant about some dumbass celeb's idiocy...we shall see.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go on starting a blog! If I can do it then you certainly can. Plus it is a good release even if only a few people read it. Be sure to put all your cooking adventures up on here. Get this puppy going and I will add you to my blog roll if that is ok with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do Bob. And I do cook some interesting, yet delicious things. Maybe the Wife will even try a few of them someday!

    ReplyDelete